- Club Newsletter #132 uploaded and available to read.
- The Club AGM has now been held and your new incoming committee are: Click Here for details.
- 20th November – RCAA Classic Pattern event at Awatoto (All day Event)
- 28th November – Palmerston North Aeroneers 75th Anniversary Event.
- MFNZ NATIONALS 2022 Carterton. Registration 2nd Jan 2022 Competition 3rd – 7th January 2022. Info on MFNZ Website or HERE
Awatoto Field Web Cam and Weather Station.
Welcome to the MFHB Website
Model Flying Hawke’s Bay (MFHB) has had numerous flying sites over the years thanks to the help of the local farming community and other interested groups and Aeromodelling enthusiasts in The Hawke’s Bay were encouraged over 70 years ago to form a group to promote the many types of aeromodelling activities available.The first club in the district was The Hastings Model Aeroplane Club followed by a similar group in Napier. Subsequently The Hawke’s Bay Radio Flyers Inc. Was established from members of both groups to form a solid base for the future of the sport in the Hawke’s Bay and District.
In 1992 the club was introduced to its present flying site by The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, this is a splendid facility at Awatoto, off Waitangi Road, beside the Fertilizer Works just 6 kms South of Napier City. Recently the club has included drone activity at Awatoto, providing a safe and controlled environment for the flyers to test their skills out.
The club also have a gliding field near Black Bridge, Haumoana.
MFHB publish a monthly NEWSLETTER which will be on this Website, covering the recent activity within the club, together with news, model building reports, items to buy or sell, and articles from the wider aeromodelling community. The current copy can be accessed from the main at the top of this page, or by clicking here.
This section is an acknowledgement of their generosity and on going
support. It is our opportunity to say “Thank You” to the following: